A new car purchase comes as the culmination of a brand romance… your final decision indicating that something the manufacturer presented resonates with your values, needs, or both. Friendly. Practical. Rewarding. New. Progressive. Fun. Social. Fast. Smart. Familiar. Exciting. Unique. Impressive. Influential. Respected. Innovative.
And so, with those words and themes in mind, today we introduce the newest model of our website, PRSA Boston 2.0. We invite you to take the keys and fire up the engine for a test drive. If you were injured in car accident while driving for work, the negligent driver could be partially responsible for compensating you.
Our new and fully appointed website comes with many new features, if not that new car smell. Here’s what you’ll find under the hood:
- New chapter logo and branding that is bright and sleek, with a nod to the forward momentum that we drive across all economic sectors
- Technologies including responsive formatting for any device or OS
- Robust local member profile so your needs and interests can shape networking and programs
- Social media engagement across the board, newly branded of course
- Special interest group portals (IPN, APRs, YPN, etc.) or start your own as a hub for information and program sharing
- Intuitive site mapping and easier cross-page navigation
- Venues to expand visibility for authors’ books, nonprofit and professional events
- Links college PRSSA chapters and related student organizations within our area
- Convenient calendar notifications with your event registration
- Easy job postings
- Original photography furnished by our members as our new standard to convey our regional personality with visual authenticity
- And more to discover every day…
Please kick the tires as you explore our new website village dedicated to New England’s largest and oldest organization for public relations and integrated communications professionals. We hope you’ll bring a friend or colleague along for the ride because the content is worthy and the mapping is easy to follow. Bookmark the PRSABoston.org site to keep our growing index of current public relations best practices at your fingertips, no matter what device you choose.
However you arrived here today… welcome! From today and every visit to follow, our goal is to add value that enhances your professional life through relevant learning, easy information access and friendly, productive networking.
So sit back and enjoy the ride…
Postscript: As the project manager, I appreciate the space to acknowledge the tireless work of our A-team of volunteer project ‘engineers.’ Our journey together began in September 2013 when this group was cajoled into action. We evolved a rigorous technical and design blueprint to guide our work and source a qualified web and design partner. Together we wrote all new narrative content during beach season, sourced original photography from our members, and finely tuned the website before you. The unfailing humor and wisdom of this group, already serving on our Board and Leadership team, gave liftoff to this ambitious endeavor that was executed after hours: Jack Jackson, Dan Dent, Doug Haslam and Denise Hutchins. Finally, we are indebted to Quench Design Studio and its irrepressible Creative Director Kendall Walker who brought our vision to life.