Nationally recognized for its high-quality services and innovative initiatives, MASCO (Medical Academic and Scientific Community Organization) is committed to enhancing the quality of life for those who live, work, study, or receive care in Boston’s Longwood Medical and Academic Area (LMA), a key economic engine for New England. A $36-million nonprofit organization, MASCO provides an array of services including area planning and development, parking and transit, telecommunications, and child care.
The Director of Strategic Communications will strategically position MASCO to advance the LMA through robust communications on behalf of its accomplished members, which includes some of the nation’s top medical institutions, three Harvard University schools, the Colleges of the Fenway, a revered museum, a large reform temple, cutting-edge medical research organizations, and a distinguished private high school.
- Reporting to the President & CEO, play a key leadership role in articulating the accomplishments, significance, and needs of the LMA through the curation and communication of the work and demands of some of its most significant institutions.
- With MASCO having recently undergone a leadership transition, co-lead efforts to communicate the repositioning of the organization with the general public and public policy leaders.
- Develop and promote a strong social and digital media presence.
- Create and execute strategic advocacy campaigns in conjunction with the Senior Management Team.
- Determine appropriate outbound communications to enhance understanding of and drive demand for MASCO’s programs and services.
- Serve as an internal and external communications and messaging resource for MASCO departments.
- Create and standardize marketing communications processes and materials to ensure consistency.
- Liaison and build mutually beneficial relationships with key communications personnel in member organizations, community leaders, government officials, and others.
- Maintain regular communications as pertinent to ongoing LMA and MASCO matters.
- Represent MASCO at appropriate events and speaking engagements.
- Respond to all media inquiries in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field. Seven plus years’ of communications and/or public relations experience preferred.
- Proven ability to develop and execute strategic communications plans.
- Existing relationships with key media members or ability to develop these relationships or implement alternative strategy to utilize media to communicate MASCO’s stories.
- Extensive writing, website content development, emerging and social media, and presentation experience. Tech-savvy.
- Experience in a relationship-based position that requires handling high-profile topics, demonstrating sound judgment and persuasive counseling to influence outcomes.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven leadership, influencing, and team building skills.
- Professional interpersonal style, strong organizational skills, and flexible work style approach.
- Ability to handle confidential/delicate information with diplomacy and sensitivity.
Compensation and Benefits:
Competitive compensation. MASCO offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, a monthly MBTA pass subsidy or free off-site parking, 4 weeks of vacation, 12 paid holidays, flexible spending accounts, and a 401(k) plan with a generous employer contribution.
To apply for this job please visit theapplicantmanager.com.