Make-A-Wish® Massachusetts and Rhode Island grants wishes for children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength, and joy. According to information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, approximately 500 children in Massachusetts and Rhode Island are newly diagnosed with life-threatening medical conditions each year. Our vision is to grant wishes for every medically eligible child annually. Make-A-Wish® Massachusetts and Rhode Island began its joy-filled journey in 1987 when a little girl named Colleen, who had Niemann-Pick disease, made a simple wish for a family trip to York Beach in Maine. Since granting this first wish, our organization has made dreams come true for over 8,000 children in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. We invite you to learn more about our organization by exploring the links above and below.
Make-A-Wish® Massachusetts and Rhode Island seeks a Communications Director to oversee and direct a broad range of functions, the director is responsible for leading the organization’s communications (publication production and media efforts) as it relates to annual communications and marketing plans to advance the agenda of Make-A-Wish Massachusetts and Rhode Island (MAWMARI) in its two state-territory.
Other key responsibilities include either managing staff or directly engaging in the production of key marketing materials for the organization, oversight of social media messaging, video development (as needed), and work with media on wishes, promotions, events, and key organizational initiatives.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Communications Director will serve as a member of the senior management team. This is a full-time position located in Boston, MA. For more information on Make-A-Wish® Massachusetts and Rhode Island, please visit http://massri.wish.org/.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Communications Director for Make-A-Wish Massachusetts and Rhode Island will be accountable for but not limited to the following key responsibilities:
• Develop, with input from department directors and other key stakeholders, an annual overarching marketing and communications plan to support the advancement of MAWMRI in its two-state territory.
• With communications/publications staff, oversee or directly prepare marketing and communications collateral material, including event and promotion’s publications, newsletters, organizational brochures and development solicitation materials, including annual campaign brochures.
• Develop a comprehensive media relations plan for each key initiative and for the overarching mission of the organization, wish PR. In partnership and with support from key communications staff, seek external media opportunities serving as spokesperson or engaging CEO or lead staff members.
• Oversee, support and engage in website updates ensuring compliance with national standards.
• Lead communications staff to ensure that the organization is active in promoting our activities and events through social media channels and as requested through Make-A-Wish America (MAWA).
• Oversee and engage in discussion of key wish stories for promotion and brand visibility where and when appropriate and sanctioned by family and wish departmental leadership.
• Engage in marketing and promotion of signature fundraising events (e.g., Annual Gala, golf tournaments, Evening of Wishes dinner, Wine and Wishes events, etc.) throughout two-state territory in partnership and collaboration with events staff.
• Partner with communications/publications staff and others to develop, design, and execute on program material design and launch for local promotions and national promotions (under the director of MAWA)
• Oversee internal and external use of Make-A-Wish Brand and related trademarks and logos by internal and external constituents when needed.
• Develop and manage communications budget in partnership with department leads and CEO.
• Develop and employ appropriate metrics and analytics to ensure efficacy of marketing and communications programs, particularly focusing on time spent on social media and the return.
• Manage communications and PR staff.
• Partner with other Make-A-Wish colleagues from major market chapters and participate in best practice exchange and other communications fora.
• Keep current on and follows all local MAWMARI policies and programs as well as national standards.
• Support and partner with other colleagues to advance the overall agenda of the organization.
• Support overall goals of the organization.
• Other assignments and duties may be forthcoming from time to time from the CEO.
The position calls for a versatile leader with integrity, an understanding of the non-profit sector, and strong communication and interpersonal skills. The successful candidate is an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, results-oriented and mission/team-focused environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree in English; Communications or Marketing is required; Master’s Degree in communications preferred;
• Successful integrated marketing and communications professional (7 plus years) with a track record of developing consumer-facing strategies and programs across a variety of channels to engage audiences, in partnership with colleagues, and to increase visibility of organization;
• Nonprofit professional work experience preferred;
• Collaborative team member who is comfortable working as an independent contributor on a project and as a member of a team;
• Superior written, oral, and public speaking skills;
• Flexible, engaged and supportive colleague and team member;
• Deadline and quality product focused;
• Attention to detail and quality at all times;
• A customer service; can do attitude is required;
• Must be willing to work evening and weekend hours as needed; and
• A sense of humor will be appreciated.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Make-A-Wish has engaged Koya Leadership Partners to help in this hire. Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume to Liz Lombard and Turner Delano here (https://ats.k2-app.com//jobPosting/apply/1910).
Make-A-Wish is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT applicants.
ABOUT KOYA LEADERSHIP PARTNERS
Koya Leadership Partners is a national retained executive search and human capital consulting firm that works exclusively with mission-driven organizations, institutions of higher education and social enterprises. We deliver measurable results, finding exceptionally talented people who truly fit the unique culture of our client organizations and ensuring that organizations have the resources and strategies to support them. For more information, visit www.koyapartners.com.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/qp5pymjtd3ksm3t8
To apply for this job please visit www.Click2Apply.net.