Website Eastern Bank
Committed, inclusive, and courageous; that’s Eastern! Since 1818 we have built a legacy of investing in the communities we serve and helping our customers and employees thrive and grow. This legacy is what drives our brand purpose. We do good things to help people prosper.
With approximately $14 billion in assets and more than 110 locations in eastern Massachusetts, southern and coastal New Hampshire, and Rhode Island, we have the size, stability, technology and knowledge to deliver custom-tailored financial solutions in a convenient way. We pride ourselves on working hard to understand our customer and client needs, so that we can deliver better service within banking, investments, and insurance, in a committed and personal way.
At Eastern, we are a passionate, committed and innovative team melding our perspectives, focused on serving our customers and supporting our communities. We come from different places, each with different skills and backgrounds. We speak more than 50 languages and dialects. Eastern has been recognized for a record 9 years by the Boston Globe as a Top Place to Work. So, come join us for good!
Are you a natural storyteller? If turning an organization’s work into great stories catches your attention, let’s talk. The Senior Communications Associate will play a key role in driving public relations and communications programs and communicating about the Eastern Bank brand. The role will report to and work closely with the Vice President of Public Relations & Communications and will work collaboratively with colleagues in the marketing department as well as across the bank and the Eastern Bank Charitable Foundation team. The position provides the opportunity to be both part of a small team and to complete responsibilities individually.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Manage media relations and public relations activities, including writing press releases, securing press coverage, maintaining relationships with media outlets, managing the database of media contacts, researching PR opportunities, and writing award nominations
• Partner on promoting community advocacy and charitable giving programs that support nonprofit partnerships as well as underrepresented communities
• Develop and curate content for the company-wide intranet and serve as editor of the newsroom on www.easternbank.com
• Assist with corporate communications operational processes as well as initiatives and special projects, including the annual report, monthly recap reports, employee photo shoots, and PR logistics for special events
• Lead daily media scanning as well as measuring and promoting coverage
• Please include a cover letter and writing sample with your application
Experience and Education
• Four to seven years of professional work experience, with two to three years in a communications, employee engagement or corporate social responsibility role or agency setting preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
• High degree of attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task and thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial atmosphere
• Flexible, and comfortable adapting to changing priorities and circumstances
• Team player
• Self-motivated, and enjoy taking an idea and running with it
• Enthusiasm for community involvement and Eastern Bank’s mission as a community bank
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Familiarity with Microsoft Teams, Adobe (e.g., InDesign, Photoshop), SharePoint, Drupal and WordPress as well as video and editing tools a plus
To apply for this job please visit easternbank.jobs.net.