Website YouthBuild USA
Job Title: Director of Communications, DOL YouthBuild Program Impact
Reports to: Senior Director of Communications
Date: December 2021
FLSA Status: Exempt
With love and respect, YouthBuild partners with opportunity youth to build the skillsets and mindsets that lead to lifelong learning, livelihood, and leadership. At nearly 300 YouthBuild programs across the United States and around the world, students reclaim their education, gain job skills, and become leaders in their communities. Learn more at YouthBuild.org.
YouthBuild USA, located in Roxbury, MA, is the nonprofit support center for YouthBuild programs. It provides technical assistance, innovative program enhancements, quality assurance systems, and advocacy to help ensure that every YouthBuild program can create impact in its community.
YouthBuild USA provides organizations awarded a U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) YouthBuild grant comprehensive support to successfully implement the YouthBuild model. YouthBuild USA is seeking a strategic, creative, and results-oriented Director of Communications who will develop and oversee the marketing and branding strategy dedicated to this work.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Communications and working closely with the Senior Director of DOL YouthBuild Program Impact, the successful candidate will identify innovative ways to create and disseminate print and digital content to grantees, stakeholders, and external audiences. The Director will ensure that materials are branded and copyedited to maintain clarity, consistency, and quality.
This individual will require a strong knowledge of digital marketing principles, analytics, design proficiencies, and innovative best practices. The Director must be a dynamic marketer with a strong passion for creating impactful, targeted content.
· Create an integrated online/offline marketing strategy to engage DOL YouthBuild grantees and external stakeholders.
· Collaborate with the DOL YouthBuild Program Impact team to ensure resources, such as videos, podcasts, social media campaigns, and e-newsletters, follow best marketing practices.
· Develop collateral templates, infographics, and other visual modes of conveying critical information in an easily digestible way.
· Manage a multi-layered review and editing process for DOL deliverables.
· Proofread materials to ensure they are free from error, post-ready, and adhere to brand style guides.
Experience and Skills
· Bachelor’s degree and 8 plus years relevant experience.
· Creative thinker with excellent writing skills, attention to detail, and enthusiasm for introducing new ideas.
· Strong communication and project management skills across multiple stakeholders; highly organized, system-minded, and process-oriented.
· Savvy with digital marketing practices, including social media.
· Proficiency in Adobe programs (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.).
· Working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
· Experience in photography and video production is a plus.
· Previous experience with Salesforce or other CRM database preferred but not required.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
· Must have a passion for our mission and a good sense of humor.
YouthBuild USA offers competitive salary and benefits, including health coverage, a 401(k) savings plan, life insurance, and disability benefits. The salary range is $81K-$99K annually.
If you are interested in learning more about YouthBuild USA, please visit our website at www.youthbuild.org. Use this link: YouthBuild USA – Current Openings (workable.com)
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to: Job Search, YouthBuild USA, 1785 Columbus Avenue, Roxbury, MA 02119 or you may apply on-line @ http://www.youthbuild.org/apply. YouthBuild USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org