The Assistant Account Executive contributes to the implementation of integrated marketing campaigns, events, and communications for projects and initiatives produced, presented and/or supported by WGBH both for public television & radio stations, and for print, electronic and digital media outlets. Responsibilities include event logistics and communications; creating, distributing and supporting the creation and distribution of print, digitalz and social media assets; creating targeted lists for media placements; pitching media outlets/bloggers and public television station decision-makers; gathering data and generating reports; and working closely with other Station Relations and National Marketing staff to implement initiatives. Some travel as well as evening and weekend work may be required.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Assist in execution of Station Relations and National Marketing campaigns and activities.
2. Research, compile, and generate media lists, broadcast reports and other key documents
3. Coordinate events at industry meetings or local stations.
4. Contribute to production, review and distribution of marketing materials.
5. Pitch media outlets and station contacts
6. Support Station Relations and National Marketing ongoing activities, including meeting logistics and project deliverables.
7. Provide general office support; cordinate meeting logistics; keep inventory of marketing materials; update research, databases and external sources as needed.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Excellent organizational and communications skills are required, as is the ability to prioritize and juggle many tasks, often under a deadline, while remaining detail-oriented. The ability to work in a collaborative manner with an aptitude for cultivating positive relationships is essential, as are poise and self-direction in handling responsibilities. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and FileMaker experience is essential. Cision and social media experience a plus. Excellent writing, spelling and proof-reading skills required. 1-2 years of relevant employment and experience in the areas of communications, media relations and promotion is preferred.
Bachelor’s degree required.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.wgbh.org/about/employmentOpportunities.cfm →