Website Virtual Inc.
Public Relations Intern
Start Date – January 2020
End Date – May or June 2020 (with possibility to extend)
Pay rate- $12/hour
Schedule- Business hours up to 40 hours/week; flexible based on school schedule.
Location- Wakefield, MA
During our Public Relations internship you will gain industry experience while having a voice in our growing company. Our Internship Program is unique in that we encourage all interns to learn and grow during your time with us through shadowing opportunities and participating in cross-functional projects. You’ll also get a chance to sit down with senior executives and learn about their background, dig a little deeper into how they built their career, and share advice that helped them along the way. Take your learning outside of the classroom — and get paid for it.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A VIRTUALITE:
- Supports global media and analyst relations programs, including social media;
- Researches and assists in the writing of press releases, briefing documents, web content, e-promotions, talking points, FAQs and backgrounders.
- Coordinates distribution and approval;
- Researches and develops speaking opportunities;
- Researches appropriate media contacts to compose press lists
- Be the face of the company while assisting the office manager with front desk coverage and be a line of contact for incoming calls
- Show off your rockstar multi-tasking abilities by taking on different projects and tasks as needed
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
- Enrolled in college with a major in English, communications, public relations, journalism, or a related field.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication ability; marketing and PR writing samples required. Blogging experience a plus.
- Some experience with media relations preferred; global and broadcast media experience a plus.
- Experience with using social media channels such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+ and Twitter for public relations outreach.
- Track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously with competing deadlines.
- High level of organization, computer skills, and the ability to learn and apply technologies in day-to-day work a necessity. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and WordPress required. Constant Contact, Google Analytics, and Vocus knowledge a plus.
- A great resume builder that can set you apart in such a competitive field where degrees are not enough.
- The fun culture and business casual attitude of the company allows for an easy transition from classroom to office.
- Network with like-minded people working in your field, and shadow other departments to help find your niche.
- Rub elbows with successful global companies.
- Get PAID!
ABOUT VIRTUAL INC:
We’re a leading professional services firm focused on technology consortia and associations. Our clients include organizations led by companies like Google, Facebook, Microsoft and more, as well as organizations that are tackling some of the biggest problems in the world today, from eating disorders, to space travel to noise pollution. We have decades of experience behind us but we’re still growing fast, having fun, and doing new things every day.
For more information regarding our company’s mission, our team and benefits visit our Careers Page.
Virtual Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit virtualinc.applicantpool.com.