Website Virtual, Inc.
WANTED: An experienced PR leader who excels at communicating across all media and platforms, while providing strong strategic insight to clients. The ideal candidate will mentor staff while demonstrating a whatever-it-takes approach to client service.
The Vice President of Communications will play the lead role in the strategic planning and execution of the integrated marketing and PR initiatives in support of Virtual’s clients, corporate communications and business development efforts. Under the general direction of the EVP of Operations, this position is responsible for driving marketing initiatives that achieve key strategic objectives for clients in the technology, standards, and healthcare industries. The Vice President of Communications will plan PR and marketing-related projects at the strategic and tactical level while managing client relationships, external partners and vendors, and the PR and marketing departments.
This role will lead change with the introduction of processes (data-driven strategic planning), technology (marketing automation and digital marketing platforms) and tools (dashboards and reporting) based on best practices that will focus efforts, strengthen alignment with key stakeholders, and improve the outcomes of marketing campaigns in driving business results.
The nature of the team demands an integrated and hands-on approach to the job; the Vice President of Communications must have working knowledge and the skill to apply cutting-edge digital marketing principles and techniques to a variety of areas in a dynamic environment, working with a versatile team.
A DAY IN THE LIFE WILL INCLUDE:
- Develop short- and long-term strategic marketing and PR plans, messaging, positioning, and campaigns along with associated budgets.
- Oversee global media relations strategies and plans focused on delivering excellent media coverage for clients.
- Ensure that evaluation systems to provide ongoing metrics allow for data-driven decision making and reporting to clients; analyze monthly marketing reports and dashboards on marketing performance while continuously refining approaches to maximize value, impact and results.
- Ensure articulation of the clients’ desired positioning through consistent messaging and communication across channels to all constituencies.
- Manage the optimization of client websites and digital marketing platforms and technologies, including the implementation and use of advanced digital analytics.
- Conceive, execute and assess integrated, multi-channel digital marketing programs, including blogs, organic and paid search, video, social and email marketing.
- Oversee marketing campaigns that are key financial drivers for clients, including inbound marketing and trade show participation.
- Lead marketing and PR efforts to promote international client events, driving registration and sponsorship revenue goals through strategy development, theme and program management and sales.
- Develop the strategic vision and guide the ongoing execution of an active speaker’s bureau.
- Responsible for the editorial direction, design, production and distribution of publications and communications.
- Function as a coach to less experienced team members, on technical, operational, and team behavior issues; communicate information and champion excellence.
- Management of Virtual internal staff/interns to include, if applicable
- Additional Administrative Duties
- Determine staffing requirements, and interview, hire and train new employees, or oversee those personnel processes. Maintain an appropriate professional and office organizational structure, foster a success-oriented, mutually respectful, accountable work environment.
- Act as a collaborative team member within the organization.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
- Utilize excellent organizational and project management skills to manage multiple large scale projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines and staying within budget.
- Work collaboratively with business stakeholders, IT, staff and vendors to produce solid requirements and deliver web projects on time and within budget.
- Lead the marketing and PR team and’set the strategy to enhance new client projects, client retention, cross-sell and the servicing and experience of our clients to lower cost and improve satisfaction.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the development and execution of successful marketing and PR programs, preferably in an agency environment
- Strong creative, strategic and business development skills, effective at communicating and influencing people;
- Proven ability to perform at high levels in fast-paced, client-facing environment;
- Experience integrating social media with marketing and web initiatives;
- Can build, lead and motivate a team with a compelling vision; mentor and develop staff, be a facilitator, who by his/her style and attitude, will increase both the productivity and creativity of the team;
- Ability to manage staff hours to client budgets to ensure profitability targets are met;
- Detail-oriented, with strong, effective organizational, problem solving and time-management skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and set and achieve strategic objectives;
- Must be a self-starter with ability to create and manage and coach high performance teams, demonstrate excellence in organizational management, work well under pressure, and work independently and as a strong team player with Hands-on marketing skills;
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Communications, Public Relations or related field;
- 15 years of PR and marketing experience, including 6+ years of progressive management experience. Agency background preferred.
- Expertise in the professional services industry in technology sector; healthcare experience a plus;
- Demonstrated experience leading successful digital marketing campaigns;
- Experience with marketing automation platforms, particularly Emma and Hubspot, and PR tools such as Cision and wire services.
ABOUT VIRTUAL, INC.
Virtual enables associations, professional societies, consortia, standards organizations, and advocacy groups to achieve their goals and make a mark on the world. Whether helping an association go from zero to 800 corporate members in a mere 18 months, or strengthening an organization dedicated to the prevention of human trafficking, we help our clients to rethink what’s possible. We are redefining association management, going well beyond traditional services, and making a more meaningful impact by providing strategic consulting and execution that drives real results for our clients.
Comprehensive benefits including health, dental, life insurance, disability insurance and 401-K options
Unlimited vacation and paid time off policies that promote a work-life balance
Ongoing training, learning stipends, tuition assistance and opportunities for career development
Company sponsored volunteer opportunities
Corporate culture that exemplifies our core values of Teamwork, Respect, Trust, Generosity, Innovation, Empowerment, Service Excellence and FUN!
To apply for this job please visit virtualinc.applicantpool.com.