Website Virtual, Inc.
WANTED: An idea-generator who can facilitate mutual understanding between organizations and the public. This skilled multitasker will be responsible for keeping clients happy and making sure they always come back for more through top-notch customer service, seamless project coordination and great communication. Do you thrive in a fast-paced, creative environment? Do you have a thirst for building relationships and great stories? If you are passionate about doing something big and helping teams bring creative ideas to life, then what are you waiting for? It’s your time to shine.
The PR Account Specialist executes day-to-day PR activities for tech and professional industry association clients. Reporting to the Senior PR Manager, the PR Account Specialist position is responsible for the management and production of communications vehicles and public relations support for both clients and Virtual, Inc. The successful candidate will effectively translate strategic messaging into the appropriate mix of compelling and timely communication and PR strategies, tactics, initiatives, and programs.
This position will work in our Wakefield, Massachusetts office.
A DAY IN THE LIFE WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Researches and writes press releases, briefing documents, web content, e-promotions, talking points, web content FAQs and backgrounders.
- Effectively helps coordinate the development, production, approval, and distribution of all PR program deliverables.
- Proofreads and coordinates distribution and approval of client press releases, PR content, and communications. Coordinates PR updates to client websites. Promotes and maintains consistency of both client and company brands across all contact points and published materials.
- Edits and coordinates approval of member press releases and communications;
- Executes global media and analyst relations programs, including social media;
- Promotes and maintains consistency of both client and company brands across all contact points and published materials;
- Researches and develops speaking opportunities and presentation content;
- Prepares, submits and tracks client and company award entries;
- Organizes and helps secure media attendance at client events and speaking engagements.
- Maintains PR project schedules to ensure on-time delivery and provides the team with status reports;
- Responsible for gathering data and creating client reports.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, public relations, journalism or a related field.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in high-tech public relations and communications; PR agency experience preferred.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication ability; marketing and PR writing samples required. Video and blogging experience a plus.
- Hands-on experience with media relations required; global and broadcast media background a plus.
- In-depth experience with using social media channels such as Facebook, LinkedIn,
- Instagram and Twitter for public relations outreach.
- Proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced, client-facing environment.
- Track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously with competing deadlines.
- High level of organization, computer skills, and the ability to learn and apply technologies in day-to-day work a necessity. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and WordPress required. EMMA, Adobe Premier, Google Analytics, and Cision knowledge a plus.
Comprehensive benefits including health, dental, life insurance, disability insurance and 401-K options
Unlimited vacation and paid time off policies that promote a work-life balance
Ongoing training, learning stipends, tuition assistance and opportunities for career development
Company sponsored volunteer opportunities
Corporate culture that exemplifies our core values of Teamwork, Respect, Trust, Generosity, Innovation, Empowerment, Service Excellence and FUN!
ABOUT VIRTUAL INC.
Virtual enables associations, professional societies, consortia, standards organizations, and advocacy groups to achieve their goals and make a mark on the world. Whether helping an association go from zero to 800 corporate members in a mere 18 months, or strengthening an organization dedicated to the prevention of human trafficking, we help our clients to rethink what’s possible. We are redefining association management, going well beyond traditional services, and making a more meaningful impact by providing strategic consulting and execution that drives real results for our clients.
Virtual Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit virtualinc.applicantpool.com.