Veolia is the world’s leading provider of environmental services
Reporting to the VP of Communications, the Director of Communications will lead the communications operations for all business units including water, waste and energy.
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations or a related discipline.
15+ years broad communications expertise, including extensive issues/crisis management, operational communications, and media relations experience ideally in an energy/environmental field. Spokesperson experience required. Strong people management skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Strong writing, messaging, editing, verbal communication, listening and interpersonal skills; working knowledge of digital and social media.
- Skilled at working in a fast-paced environment, with tact, persuasion and tenacity, while maintaining a collaborative, team-oriented approach.
- Strong people management skills.
- Strong-influencing and organizational skills, with a bias for action. Ability to prioritize multiple competing demands.
- Build and maintain relationships with national, local, and trade reporters. Ability to pitch engaging stories as well as our subject matter experts externally to help strengthen our brand.
- Willingness to contribute and assist beyond day-to-day communications responsibilities, including late hours and some weekends as crisis situations arise.
- Flexibility, sense of humor, and ability to not only set the strategy, but also roll up your sleeves and execute.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, in partnership with the Vice President, best-in-class communications strategy.
- Work closely with senior leaders as well as members of the sales, marketing and market development teams to ensure coordination and integration of strategic communications.
- Manage crisis communications and work with key business partners to develop communications strategies and messages for key issues that impact the company. Serve as the company spokesperson when necessary.
- Enhance credibility and brand awareness for Veolia. Develop branding and messaging communications campaigns to shape broader public conversations around building a circular economy.
- Build effective relationships within the business and with key customers to improve the communication and identification of key priorities while managing expectations and delivering solutions that drive business growth.
- Manage several vendor relationships as well as budgetary responsibilities.
More Information about Veolia North America
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org