Sonesta is one of the fastest-growing hospitality companies.
Job Description Summary
Assist with the development and execution of strategic public relations and social media initiatives to build brand awareness and reputation with the ability to tell engaging stories.
Day to Day Accountabilities:
- Support media relations and thought leadership work related to driving brand awareness and enhancing brand reputation.
- Write, edit and proofread media materials such as press releases, blog posts, articles, media alerts, fact sheets, pitches, briefing books, etc.
- Assist in handling media relations efforts including managing reactive media relations inquiries and media familiarization trips.
- Support daily media monitoring and management of Sonesta newsroom
- Collaborate with the team and public relations agencies to develop topic ideas and media angels to help advance Sonesta’s business.
Social Media responsibilities will include:
- Support development of social strategy, track and measure performance using social media analytics and monitoring tools.
- Create and post social content across owned social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Stay abreast of current social trends in social media and integrate with communications goals.
- Support influencer relations strategy, including identifying, vetting and building relationships with digital influencers and managing hotel stays with content creators.
Support the Sonesta blog, including drafting blog content and assisting with editorial calendar management using results-driven insights to extend the reach of the blog.
- 2-3 years of related public relations or social media experience; in an agency or corporate environment
- Solid understanding of media relations and how brands utilize social media
- Demonstrated creative writer with strong editing skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience with project management, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience supporting or leading the implementation of communication programs
- Proven track record of writing effectively for different communications vehicles, formats and audiences
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to understand, simplify, and clearly articulate complex issues
- Ability to take on independent projects, takes the initiative to research, analyze, and recommend best practices
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to multi-task effectively bringing projects to a successful closure within fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Working knowledge of multiple communications platforms
- Highly organized with attention to detail
To apply for this job please visit reitmr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.