Are you interested in social change? Do you like to communicate with people on social media? Well, Safe and Sound Schools has a position for you. Our organization is searching for a social media intern interested in using their social media skills to spread the word about school safety.
Applying for this role indicates you:
- Stay on top of new social media marketing trends and watch what other brands are doing online.
- Have a passion for social change and a curiosity to learn about how to engage the general public on important issues, and can
- Communicate effectively to all types of audiences on different platforms.
If this is you, then your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and create a monthly social media calendar to post content for Safe and Sound Schools social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Use tools, such as Canva and Piktochart, to design visual content for our audience.
- Post updates, news, and announcements in a timely manner.
- Research articles, stories, or news to share with our social media audience that is timely and relevant to our brand and mission.
- Assist in growing our online communities.
- Cultivate new ideas for outreach.
- Participate in brainstorms for upcoming events, initiatives, fundraisers, etc.
- Working knowledge of MS Office programs, Google Drive, and database management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly self-motivated, creative, and willing to take initiative
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Nice to have:
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator,InDesign) and other graphic design tools)
- Basic knowledge of creating videos to post on social media channels
- Paid Internship (stipend), part-time, work from home
- Timing: 10 hours/week for one to two semesters
- To apply: Submit cover letter explaining why you’re a great fit, resume, and at least two writing samples to Susan Parziale at email@example.com.
- About Safe and Sound Schools: Safe and Sound Schools is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded by Sandy Hook parents devoted to educating and empowering school communities to improve school safety. Please see our website: www.safeandsoundschools.org.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://firstname.lastname@example.org. →