Website Riverdale Mills Corporation
America's Wire Mesh Company
The Corporate Communications Director is responsible for enhancing Riverdale Mills Corporation’s status on local, regional, national and global levels while building brand awareness and growing and developing its customer base. In addition, they will work with the Sales & Marketing Manager to create a communications strategy focusing on championing organization as the leading American manufacturer of premium quality welded wire mesh solutions.
- Responsible for maintaining and growing relationships with media members, including TV, newspaper, radio, publications, bloggers, social media, and influencers on local, regional, national, and global levels.
- Responsible for handling research, drafting, and distributing announcements, pitching articles and press releases to targeted media.
- Responsible for working with the Sales & Marketing team and other internal stakeholders to formulate and create compelling content and editorial calendars, and press kits.
- Cultivate relationships with influential print, digital, and broadcast journalists on local, regional, national, and global levels.
- Responsible for seeking opportunities for advertising with the media, including negotiating fees, reach, and schedule, delivering content, and monitoring deployment.
- Responsible for creating and adhering to the department’s budget to meet departmental and corporate goals.
- Responsible for connecting journalists with appropriate sources from the organization and, when necessary, drafting talking points to assist colleagues.
- Responsible for inviting press and journalists to important public and corporate events as well as trade shows.
- Supervise, coordinate, and oversee photo/video shoots and multi-media production.
- Crafts organizational language intended for public-facing audiences and crisis management. Writes articles from the CEO and the organization directed toward constituents when required.
- Gathers content and writes regular blog posts on the company’s LinkedIn page.
- Writes promotional copy for online and offline channels while ensuring consistency with the organization’s brand.
- Works with Human Resources to respond to questions on social media from the public in a timely manner.
- Helps curate photo and video content across all marketing and communications platforms.
- Conducts seasonal benchmarking to evaluate and strategize the organization’s PR presence and reach.
- Tracks and measures the results of all communications efforts.
- Stays informed of developments in marketing and communications within the industry to generate innovative ideas.
- Must feel comfortable speaking publicly in interviews when needed.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and prioritize numerous projects in various stages of development.
- Must collaborate with colleagues from various departments in helping them achieve their short and long-term goals.
- A passion for creativity, with the desire and ability to produce original PR stories and campaign ideas.
- Strong project management and organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Leadership and Interpersonal Relations
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Communications, Public Relations, or Journalism.
- 5+ years of work experience, preferably at for profit companies and organizations.
- Demonstrated track record of leading successful and measurable communication and PR campaigns. The portfolio should showcase experience creating messaging/positioning, press releases, blog posts, byline articles, etc.
- Demonstrated excellent written skills, including storytelling, writing key messages, crafting promotional articles, copywriting, editing, proofing, etc.
- Must have excellent verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Must have the ability to de-escalate difficult conversations with occasionally concerned public members both in-person and online.
- Must demonstrate time-management, creativity, problem-solving, and entrepreneurial spirit through history of collaborative projects.
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve goals as well as meet deadlines.
- Experience with HTML, WordPress, email marketing, social media, and content marketing strongly preferred.
- Experience with photography, videography and video software like Adobe Premiere Pro or iMovie preferred.
- Experience with search engine optimization, YouTube, and Google analytics desired.
- Regular business hours as well as regular nights and weekend duties, as needed.
Riverdale Mills is the leading American manufacturer of premium quality welded wire mesh fabrics used in the marine, security, construction and agriculture industries. Riverdale invented Aquamesh®, the industry standard wire used for building lobster traps and WireWall®, high security fencing mesh used globally to protect embassies, airports and international borders.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org