Website Mustard Seed Communities
Caring for the most vulnerable
Mustard Seed Communities (MSC) is an international nonprofit organization dedicated to caring for the most vulnerable populations throughout Jamaica, Nicaragua, Dominican Republic, Zimbabwe and Malawi. Founded in 1978, MSC provides loving and lifelong care to over 600 children and adults with disabilities, children affected by HIV/AIDS, and young mothers in crisis. In addition, MSC manages sustainable agriculture initiatives and provides education, nutrition, and vocational training to marginalized communities. Mustard Seed Communities is a faith-based organization, inspired by the healing and caring ministry of Jesus Christ.
MSC has an annual budget of over $4M and is growing steadily with a committed base of donors throughout the United States. Over 1,300 volunteers participate in Mustard Seed Communities’ mission program each year. The mission program provides volunteers with the unique opportunity to live and work among MSC residents and staff. As a result of experiencing the work of MSC firsthand, mission volunteers often become MSC’s biggest supporters and advocates. Mission volunteers play a critical role in the development and fundraising of MSC USA.
Visit www.mustardseed.com for more information.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Communications Manager oversees the day-to-day communications activities, including maintaining and monitoring Mustard Seed Communities’ website and social media platforms. S/he works with the Executive Director to develop and implement the communications strategy and content creation for all online and offline communications. The Communications Manager directs the management of web-based applications (e.g. Event registration forms, email communications, etc.) and the CRM database.
- Manage Mustard Seed Communities website, creating and implementing strategies that communicate the brand effectively, ensuring that it is accurate, consistent, and current.
- Promote the organization’s mission, strategy and achievements.
- Establish and maintain the creation of templates, content and brand standards for e-communications. Innovate and bring forth creative ideas for the promotion and/or support of content marketing.
- Develop and implement a communications plan.
- Drive content and manage Mustard Seed Communities social media platforms, increase engagement, and grow the organization’s social following.
- Utilize Google Analytics to track page traffic and other key indicators for data research. Interpret and analyze data to provide maximum reach. Maintain a working knowledge of principles of search engine optimization and help implement SEO and SEM best practices.
- Take the lead on creative development, visual and content for campaigns, online features, and social media.
- Create and design promotional materials, direct mail pieces, invitations, and press releases for targeted audiences.
- Handle special projects as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 to 5 years professional experience in a communications or marketing role
Enthusiastic self-starter, excited to work in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent writing skills – can passionately and effectively tell a story
· Highly self-motivated and goal-oriented
· Familiarity with cutting-edge social media tools and trends
· Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
· Strategic thinker with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Collaborative working style and an eagerness to learn from others
· Some domestic and international travel required
· Experience with content management system (knowledge of Drupal a plus)
· Experience with customer relationship Management software (Blackbaud a plus)
· HTML (or equivalent coding knowledge) and photo/video editing skills (Adobe Suite, Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro)
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and one-page cover letter with the subject line Communications Manager-PRSA to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org