As a writer, storyteller, social media content creator, researcher and thinker, the manager of executive communications is responsible for the planning, creation and promotion of a program to elevate the visibility and thought leadership positioning of iRobot’s chairman, CEO and founder on internal, external and social channels including Linkedin and Twitter. Reporting to the Head of iRobot Communications, this role will interface directly with the iRobot executive leadership team to conceptualize and create thought leadership content, executive communications, social media posts, engaging videos and thought-provoking speeches. The Manager of Executive Communications will also actively manage engagement within corporate and iRobot employment brand social media channels.
Working as a trusted consultant to iRobot’s chairman, CEO and founder, the Manager of Executive Communications will work closely with iRobot’s internal and external communications teams to define and drive the personal and corporate narrative. He/She will create engaging social content on topics including: iRobot’s business momentum, industry leadership, robotics and technology trends, employment/talent, management, growth, culture, corporate social responsibility and social purpose.
This individual must have an understanding of the opportunities and challenges of creating content that engages influencers while also taking into account CEO and brand reputation, investor and shareholder concerns, talent acquisition and social media brand-building. He/She will also put in place measurement tools and other means to identify and track progress as well as areas of improvement for the executive communications program.
What You Will Do:
- Executive Storytelling: First and foremost, this role is for a writer and storyteller. Use exceptional storytelling skills to conceive of, draft, edit and share executive communications and correspondence on topics including iRobot’s business momentum, industry leadership, robotics and technology industry trends, executive team’s leadership, growth, culture, corporate social responsibility and social purpose.
- iRobot Employment Brand: Draft social media content in support of iRobot’s employment brand positioning iRobot as a high-tech employer of choice on such platforms as LinkedIn, Instagram and Glassdoor.
- Managing context: All materials development must be conducted in the context of a clear and current understanding of business, technology, management, corporate governance and investor trends impacting iRobot and its mission to change the world with consumer robotics.
- Social media engagement: Execute a social media strategy that amplifies the CEO’s message and drives engagement. Elevate the CEO’s social media presence expanding the reach, engagement and influence of the CEO.
- Build and maintain the CEO’s reputation: Develop useful, thought-provoking materials aligned with iRobot’s strategic priorities to engage global influencers. Further maintain and elevate the CEO’s reputation through an understanding of the needs of consumers, partners, investors and shareholders of a publicly traded company.
- Respond to business and industry developments: Track developments closely to suggest and activate executive communications content in a timely and comprehensive manner that will contribute to the successful positioning of the company and its leadership.
- Collaborate seamlessly with iRobot’s community: Build and maintain fruitful connections with marketing, PR, creative services, product, engineering, investor relations, communications team and other global stakeholders.
To Be Successful You Will Have:
- A strong sense of urgency and accountability; and be a self-starter who consistently sets high standards for himself or herself, the team and the work delivered.
- A strong executive presence and the ability to develop a trusted advisor relationship with executive leaders, including C-Suite leadership.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, a passion for language and ability to speak authentically and avoid “corporate speak”.
- The ability to be open and approachable, possessing a sincere interest in people and an understanding of what makes them tick, resulting in quickly established and continually growing trust with a wide variety of audiences.
- The ability to see connections between seemingly disparate issues, and to distill complex content into clear, concise and engaging communications.
- Deft expertise managing issues and crisis communications.
- Confidence and proficiency in both planning for the long term and reacting quickly.
- Complementary strategic and creative thinking that continually turns ideas into results that exceed expectations.
- The ability to consistently execute multiple, and sometimes competing, activities and complex projects to high-quality conclusions.
- Strong customer orientation and demonstrated flair at promoting collaborative work relationships.
- A laudable track record in managing external vendor partners and internal colleagues in the execution of communications strategies, plans, programs and events.
- BA/BS degree
- 8 to 10 years of relevant work experience
- Up to 15% travel annually required
- Proven track record working with a consumer product brand
- Deadline driven, multitasker with a journalistic background
- An understanding of the IR and disclosure requirements of a publicly traded company
- Exposure to domestic and international business trends, teams and programs
- Success developing and executing impactful external communications programs
- A strength in conceptualizing, managing and executing on large-scale events
- Direct experience working with senior-level business executives
- A history of managing challenging and time-sensitive external communications issues and situations
- Exposure to engaging employees across a consumer and product brand organization
Apply on Linkedin
To apply for this job please visit irobot.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.