Website Homology Medicines
This position will play a key role within the Corporate Communications and Patient Advocacy department at Homology Medicines. The position will be responsible for helping to develop and drive communications strategies for corporate, scientific/platform and advocacy efforts aligned with Homology’s mission and values. The candidate should have experience creating and executing strategic communications campaigns while managing the day-to-day responsibilities of a fast-paced and multi-functional communications department that encompasses public relations, patient advocacy and investor relations. The ideal candidate is forward-looking, blends strategic planning and tactical execution and constantly seeks opportunities to learn and grow.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Draft corporate communications materials, including press releases, key message documents, Q&As, speeches, email campaigns, etc., and coordinate disclosure committee process working cross-functionally with appropriate reviewers/approvers
- Manage corporate website, including day-to-day maintenance as well as developing and implementing proactive plans for milestone-specific updates and evolution of website in line with best practices
- Expand Homology’s social media presence by developing engaging content for corporate channels, maintaining a high standard for content quality and credibility; implement creative and strategic campaigns to build followers and engagement; and manage review/approval process, including rapid response process
- Develop strategic media story ideas for proactive efforts with key journalists; assist with media requests, including background information/materials/training and responding to questions accurately
- Assist with industry news and intelligence gathering
- Manage various communications databases and distribution services
- Drive leadership visibility initiatives, including speaking opportunities, articles, etc.
- Identify and develop plans to build patient advocacy relationships across the rare disease space
- Support corporate communications events
- Drive public relations efforts for corporate, product, and leadership initiatives
- Manage vendors and partners, including PR agency, webmaster, creative partners, etc.
- Support the overall corporate communications department, including public relations, patient advocacy and investor relations
- Work to align communications strategies across all aspects of the business
- Leverage technology to increase effectiveness – identify new tools and technologies to expand reach and better target
Skills and Experience
- 5 years of experience in life sciences / biotechnology communications agency or in-house role and Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with public company communications requirements and rules
- Excellent written, verbal and digital communications skills, including copywriting across mediums
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to perform quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Commitment to operational excellence
- Desire to learn and seeks out opportunities for growth
- Strategically oriented with a strong attention to detail and process
- Experience as a communications expert in a corporate environment, preferably in a publicly traded company
- Proven team player with confidence to take the lead and guide others
To apply for this job please visit careers-homologymedicines.icims.com.