Website GZA GeoEnvironmental
Reporting directly to the Chief Marketing and Communications Officer, the Senior Proposal Manager collaborates with GZA’s operations leadership, client services leads, and PMs on large and strategic opportunities throughout the company. This individual will be responsible for diligently implementing GZA’s proposal development process on pursuits; collaborating with BD lead and operations leadership in developing distinctive value propositions that clearly differentiate GZA; leverage our companywide network to identify and put forward GZA’s unique capabilities and resources; and organize, direct, and motivate a multidiscipline pursuit team to develop strategic sales deliverables.
• Drive and facilitate the disciplined application of our corporate proposal development process, including:
• Develop high-quality, opportunity-specific response documents (SOQs, proposals, presentations, etc.) with competitive and compelling sales messages to satisfy client business goals.
• Actively work with BD and operations, post issuance of an RFP, to plan, organize, and analyze client request, develop response plan (response team, compliance check-list, response outline, schedule), initiate follow-up go/no go, conduct kick-off meeting, manage and work with pursuit team to develop response sections, lead in-progress reviews, prepare red team review package, incorporate red team input, schedule pricing reviews, ensure on-time response delivery.
• Develop an understanding of our corporate, regional, and office qualifications, including technical, managerial, commercial, and competitive strengths that differentiate GZA in the marketplace.
• Translate the win strategy into key themes and drive them into sales documents through a disciplined process that articulates compelling sales messages with benefits statements, graphics, and proofs.
• Work with BD/operations to develop innovative solutions, or leverage our corporate network to identify existing capabilities, that respond to client challenges and create a distinctive competitive advantage.
• Develop and maintain qualification materials, including project profiles, experience matrices/overviews, safety and quality statistics, capability statements, etc. Collaborate with operations to capture and develop performance proofs and client testimonials.
• Share sales materials, information, knowledge, and best practices with other M&BD team members across GZA.
• Ensure that all sales documents comply with our corporate branding guidelines and client confidentiality requirements.
• Master’s Degree in business, marketing, communications, public relations, or an equivalent level of experience
• Minimum 10 years of progressive experience in a senior marketing role in a medium- to large-sized organization
• Detail oriented and organized, with exceptional prioritization skills
• Ability to effectively balance conflicting priorities
• Demonstrated proficiency with web-based tools and Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, Explorer GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. is an Affirmative/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital or veteran status, age or other protected status.
• Working knowledge in the use of desktop publishing software such as InDesign and Adobe Acrobat
• Ability to effectively communicate with senior management, supervisors, peers and clients, internally and externally
• Excellent interviewing, written, and verbal communication skills
• Strong presentation skills in small or large group environments, with proficiency in presentation support tools (e.g., PowerPoint)
• Strong knowledge and understanding of marketing and business development best practices
• Ability to work effectively within a group with ‘team spirit’ as well as independently motivated with minimal supervision
• Some travel required, less than 30%
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org