The Digital Content Specialist (DCS) will conceptualize, oversee development of, and manage distribution of Draper content across various digital communication channels (Draper website, social media, video resources, etc.) to achieve specific business goals. Working collaboratively with the rest of the Communications team, the DCS is responsible for working with, and translating information from, engineers, scientists, and business program managers to design compelling social media campaigns aimed at raising awareness, promoting Draper’s brand and corporate messaging, and promoting actions, as well as developing and posting content to Draper’s website.
The DCS is expected to
· Manage the external web development agency responsible for designing, building, and maintaining Draper’s website.
· Work with external web development agency to produce a SEO strategy.
Create a content marketing calendar to ensure regular content updates to the website throughout the year; post content to the site via content management system.
· Guide the efforts of Communications team members in developing assets for digital channels.
· Design unpaid communication campaigns for social networking platforms; compose Tweets, Facebook posts, LinkedIn posts, and other social media assets.
· Manage Draper’s paid and unpaid digital advertisements (Google Ad-Words, LinkedIn).
· Set up daily tasks and activities for Draper social media outlet accounts.
· Educate internal customers about the ways different platforms may help achieve business goals.
· Actively engage with followers in an effort to transform visitors into advocates for the Draper brand.
· Increase numbers of followers for Draper’s social media accounts.
· Gather and analyze current and past reports, using tools like Google Analytics, to track digital impact with statistics and results.
· Use analytics to set goals & conduct testing to optimize business development through the website.
· Seek input from online marketing specialists concerning search engine optimization best practices.
· Track trends in digital content field and leverage to benefit Draper.
· Bachelor’s degree in a communications field.
· Creative minded with an ability to conceive interesting ideas for new content.
· Experience translating highly technical information into real-world marketable messages.
· Understanding of how social media may be used to support business goals.
· The successful candidate will be highly motivated and capable of solving problems independently, as well as working part of a multidisciplinary team.
· 2-4 years of experience required; 5+ years preferred
To apply for this job please visit draper.com.