The C+C Boston team is looking for a highly motivated and resourceful intern who is passionate about doing good work to provide PR support on a variety of accounts.
C+C is a communications agency with offices in Boston, Seattle and Portland. At C+C we are “All About The Good.” We work with clients that positively impact their communities by inspiring people to choose energy-efficient LEDs; opt for sustainable seafood; be safer on the road; take public transit; save water; recycle; compost; protect shorelines; choose a safe sex plan; and carpool, and that’s just some of our work.
Our teams work at the local, regional and national level, helping to develop and promote some of the most innovative and recognizable sustainability efforts in the nation. Along with executing top-notch social marketing and media relations campaigns, we also have expertise in video, creative services, social media, multicultural strategy and branding. We were recognized as Creative Agency of the Year and won the 2021 Best of Silver Anvil for our work with the Washington State Department of Health on its COVID-19 communications.
As an intern, you’ll get full exposure to daily life in a communications agency. You will work with the team to gain experience in the following:
SOCIAL MEDIA AND ADVERTISING
• Trafficking social media and other ads
• Drafting copy for social media, a compelling blog post or other various writing tasks
• Providing support to execute campaigns, including social media and ad monitoring
• Researching a variety of topics to glean key insights and shape campaigns
• Assisting with creating social media content calendars, and managing communities
• Creating comprehensive coverage reports
• Influencer research, identification and management
• Other tasks as necessary to help bring our campaigns to life
MEDIA RELATIONS AND COMMUNITY OUTREACH
• Developing media lists
• Tracking media coverage
• Supporting on media pitching – including writing media pitches and press releases, and outreach to reporters. We want somebody who’s not afraid to pick up the phone to chase a reporter with a good story!
• Brainstorming PR-worthy ideas and pitch angles
• Keeping a pulse on the latest in the industry, including PR trends and what reporters are covering
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
• Proven writing skills (a writing test will be required for this position)
• Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• An ability to multi-task, work independently and be self-directed
• An understanding of basic marketing and media relations concepts
• A strong grasp of social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram
• An ability to work in a dynamic environment, with rapidly changing priorities
• Flexibility and willingness to perform tasks both large and small
We know that internships (and the PR world in general!) have fundamentally changed in the last 18 months. C+C anticipates onboarding and some (if not all) of the internship to be conducted virtually. We’re highly skilled at using Zoom and other virtual tools to work collaboratively across teams and cities to do good great work. The ideal intern candidate will also have some experience using tools like Zoom, and a positive attitude about navigating virtual agency life with us.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL AT C+C
You value inclusion and diversity and are open-minded and respectful. You sincerely care about our clients’ issues. You are ego-free. You’re flexible, positive, proactive and results-oriented. You’re collaborative and value a work culture where great ideas can come from anywhere (yes, even interns!). You have a sense of humor. You’re kind.
C+C is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. C+C strives to dismantle the effects of organized unconscious bias and actively works against systemic racism to create an environment that attracts diverse talent, provides equitable opportunities for advancement and values and respects employees’ unique perspectives, cultures and beliefs.
Pay: $18 per hour; up to 40 hours per week
Duration of Internship: 3 months, with the opportunity to extend to 6 months
If you’re interested in this opportunity, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Boston Internship”.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com