As a general assignment reporter, covers news, events, and announcements that sustain and advance Babson’s strong brand reputation. Creates and publishes print and digital copy and images for use on Babson’s owned content channels, including Babson Thought & Action, Babson social media, and Babson Magazine.
- Participates in daily brainstorming sessions to establish goals for producing editorial content and art that advance Babson’s strong brand reputation.
- Contribute to editorial and newsroom meetings by providing new and unique story ideas, providing feedback on others’ ideas, and working with the content team to ensure that all facets of the Babson community and culture are represented in both print and digital content.
- Researches, writes, fact checks, and publishes two or more assigned stories per day as assigned by the Director and Associate Director of Content Strategy.
- Takes and edits photos and/or video to support assigned stories with direction from appropriate members of the content team.
- Prepares stories and artwork for publication online in Babson’s Content Management System.
- Posts content related to assigned stories to Babson’s social media channels after it has gone through the content approval process.
- Contributes articles to Babson Magazine as needed and directed by the appropriate members of the content team.
- Researches and writes class news section of Babson Magazine; stays informed about Babson programs and initiatives; tracks alumni developments and solicits news; follows trends in the business world.
- Helps manage alumni, parent, and campus requests regarding the magazine.
- Attends events and happenings on campus to determine coverage and story angles.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Minimum Level of Education Required Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, English, or Communications
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
- At least 2 years of professional experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Strong photojournalism skills; at least proficient video skills.
- Strong social media skills.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Content Management Systems, Microsoft Office, and video editing software.
- Ability to work with all constituencies.
- Team player, strong collaboration, and cooperation skills.
- Envisions and proposes new methods to perform tasks that support ET&A; takes thoughtful risks; and accepts new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
- Anticipates and embraces change; demonstrates willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
- Must have had a valid unrestricted U.S. Driver’s License for one year, and maintain throughout employment an insurable (as determined by the College’s insurer’s criteria) or a satisfactory driving record; must successfully complete and pass the College’s vehicle training program within the first 60 days of employment; annual or more frequent review of employee’s driving record based on the College insurer’s criteria; and safety training as required by management.
Interested candidates should apply via our website https://babson.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Staff
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. Babson College is committed to enhancing diversity and inclusion across all levels of the College. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this value are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.Click2Apply.net.