Website Allied Global Marketing
The Senior Account Executive should be an experienced and well-rounded publicist, comfortable serving as day-to-day client relationship manager while creating communications plans and pitching story placement within the agency’s various clients in the hospitality, lifestyle, and entertainment verticals. The primary accounts this position will service are based in greater Boston, but accounts could move geographically as new business is added and/or our client needs change. While this position is hybrid that currently allows work-from-home, we do want the candidate living in the greater Boston area as we have an office there (Cambridge). This position will be eligible to participate in the standard benefits offered to full-time employees of Allied Global Marketing (medical, dental, short-term and long- term disability and life insurance as well as 401k plan). Details of such benefits will be shared separately as part of the hiring process.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Creating client-facing and media-facing documents
- Media and influencer outreach for story placement and content creation opportunities
- Attending and taking detailed notes during meetings and conference calls
- Staffing photoshoots and press/influencer opportunities
- Contributing to and executing against timelines and communications plans
- Tracking and powerfully reporting on all earned coverage
- Assisting with new business creation materials when necessary
- Creating media briefing documents for clients, executives, etc.
Demonstrating a commitment and ability to develop his/her position as required by the needs of the team and our client
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, or journalism preferred
5+ years professional experience in an agency and/or corporate setting, preferably in public relations with relevant experience within hospitality and entertainment industries.
- Strong media and influencer contacts within the Boston media market. National contacts in consumer and industry also a huge plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic and service-oriented
- Comfort working remotely with regular weekly in-person check-ins
- Independent, creative self-starter who wants to learn and evolve
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to manage and execute multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well with others on both the staff and client side, open to constructive coaching from all senior level executives
- Professional experience and personal interest in the hospitality and entertainment industries preferred.
- Intrinsically open and flexible to address, resolve, and optimize situations
- Flexible schedule allowing some work on nights and weekends as needed
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe, Apple’s suite of products preferred. Understand the nuances of social media with a grasp of what makes YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Tik Tok relevant as part of a total earned media solution
- Develop trust and respect from clients and Allied’s executive team and other colleagues by demonstrating sound business judgment, writing skills and interpersonal skills with clients, associates, colleagues, and media
- Always maintain professional conduct, even in social situations (this includes social media posting if your account is not privately locked)
- Showcase an interest in developing communication, leadership, and creative thinking skills beyond the workplace (via workshops, blogs, podcasts, books, etc.)
- Continually develop internal and external communication skills, gain industry expertise, and demonstrate independent problem solving and analytical capabilities
- Practice honesty, integrity and transparency with colleagues, media, influencers, clients, and other business associates that are met throughout the course of this position
- Work with Allied’s executive team to manage existing workload while always wanting
- Participate in yearly staff evaluations and annual goal setting overviews/development planning
- Communicate with his/her direct report on a regular basis about individual performance, key learnings, and growth
- Develop/encourage a spirit of teamwork and high morale
Interested applicants should either apply via the LinkedIn URL below or email Ken Langdon directly at email@example.com. Please include a short cover letter and a resume as part of your email. Thank you.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.