How to Craft Concise and Compelling Copy Across Communication Media
- Do you want to elevate your writing or the content your staff produces? And, engage the media, impress clients and colleagues, and achieve results with strong, powerful and clear copy?
- PRSA Boston offers workshops to help you succeed – the Jack Jackson ART OF WRITING workshops. The two workshops commemorate Jack – a former president of PRSA Boston, longtime PR pro and college professor – by continuing to promote his love of writing and teaching.
- The ART OF WRITING workshops feature ineractive, smallgroup learning for today’s multi-disciplined PR professional. Both sessions are taught by an accomplished subject expert who will sharpen your writing to help you and your colleagues excel in today’s rapidly changing PR environment.
- The instructor is renowned writing Coach Ken O’Quinn
- The Workshop is two nights — Oct. 11 & 18 — at BU — from 5:30-8:15 p.m.
- Develop solid news judgment: the journalist’s perspective.
- Learn the writing process: organizing, successful interviewing, packaging for readability.
- Craft the opening: structure for leads, high impact leads, leads that fail.
- Review the press release circa 2017: Wall Street Journal insights, describe visuals, filler, believable quotes. V. Write pitches that work.
- Become a blogging and tweeting pro: essentials and pratfalls.
* Particularly suited for early career, fast-rising and mid-level professionals.
Meet Writing Coach Ken O’Quinn –@kenoquinn
Ken (writingwithclarity.com) is a highly sought-after career writing coach. His clients read like the who’s who of corporate communications and PR agency titans including: Chevron, Burson-Marsteller, Fleishman, John Deere, Motorola, MSLGroup, Oracle Qwest, Raytheon, and Visa. Ken draws upon his journalist roots at Associated Press and is a longtime member of PRSA Boston.
About Jack Jackson
A former UPI reporter, producer for WCVB-TV, PR agency executive, and Adjunct Communication Professor at Stonehill College, Jack, was known for his sharp, incisive writing, and his passion for helping the next generation of PR professionals. As a way to remember Jack, The Art of Writing workshop, will meet critical writing needs in the PR, communication and corporate communities.
October 11, 2018
5:30 pm - 8:15 pm